We are looking for an Android Engineer to work on mobile applications that are used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. We want someone with strong technical skills and creativity; someone who enjoys solving tough problems and working with innovative technologies. This person should not be shy about sharing their ideas and be obsessive about user experience and beautiful code.
You will be working in a fast-paced small-team environment with the stability of working as part of a Fortune 100 company. Your primary responsibility will be to work on a small team of designers, product owners, QA, and engineers developing and improving features. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies popular in Android and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas with your team despite some ambiguity.
Relevant experience and skills
- Building Android Applications
- Writing & Deleting code
- Build tools like Gradle, GitHub Actions, and Circle CI
- Continuous Integration patterns
- Finding and fixing bugs
- Asynchronous coding patterns
- Performance Analysis and Optimization
- Dealing with legacy code
- Unit & Integration Tests
- Open Source
- Working in a globally distributed team
- Self-starting and good at time management
- Integrating with bespoke lovingly hand-crafted backend services from the days of yore.
- Designing solutions for open ended problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Relevant technologies that you may encounter on our team
- Jetpack Compose
- MVI Architecture
- REST APIs
- RAML API Documentation
- Kotlin, Coroutines, Flow
- GitHub Actions
- Circle CI
- Espresso & JUnit
- Test Fakes
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.