We are looking for a (Junior) Software Engineer (Android) to join our Logistics team to help us create a fast, reliable and transparent delivery experience. You will be helping our riders working across 40+ countries to get a stable and useful application which will make their work easier and connect riders to millions of customers every day. If you are a creative problem solver, who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
The Rider Transmission tribe in Logistics owns the riders’ journey and experience from onboarding, planning their work hours, making deliveries and finally, getting paid for their hard work! We enable this by building tools for operations managers and of course, the rider app itself which drives the whole experience and provides transparency at all times.
– Write elegant code, decoupled and modularized features in our Rider App.
– Champion the spirit of innovation and collaboration both within the engineering team and across the organization.
– Complement your technical knowledge with high emotional intelligence, awareness, and responsibility.
Your heroic skills:
– A university degree in the field of computer sciences, software engineering or comparable and a structured thinking and quick learning ability.
– At least 1-2 year of hands-on experience in building Android applications in Kotlin.
– Basic knowledge on versioning tools (preferably Git).
– Basic knowledge knowledge of consuming REST APIs and JSON with Swift.
– You are interested in clean code and clean architecture.
Nice to have:
– Knowledge on how to write unit tests.
– Experience with other languages (e.g Swift, Ruby, Golang, Java on backend) is a plus.
Why Delivery Hero?
– Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community
– Enjoy our free online yoga classes and a subsidized Urban Sports Club or Gympass membership
– Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with our free Headspace subscription and unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program
– Participate in our health campaigns such as seasonal flu vaccines
– Benefit from BVG subsidy or join our Bike rental program
– Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package
– Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings
– Access our e-learning platform MyAcademy, participate in our various inhouse trainings, and learn German in our free classes
– Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options
– Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events – due to the current situation on a virtual basis
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values and People Leadership Principles, please apply directly here.
We’re looking forward to your application!
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery platforms and are now innovating and creating new services such as groceries, pharmacies, and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 50+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring — therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.