Our Vendor Tribe is looking for a Principal Software Engineer (Android) – Logistics Vendor (f/m/d) to join our efforts of creating reliable, fast, intuitive and modern restaurant/vendor software. You would be helping our restaurants and other vendors streamline their day-to-day work tasks, connecting them to their customers, and making sure that their growth and improvements don’t go unnoticed. Your direct impact would span across 55+ countries and 25+ delivery platforms, all while making sure that we are able to process 4+ million orders from 600+ thousand businesses globally.
If you feel like you’re up for the challenge, you’d be joining a team of creative problem solvers in the heart of Berlin. As an autonomous tribe in our Logistics department, the Vendor Tribe is the owner of the whole order processing flow, end-to-end. We also produce a suite of tools our vendors use for inventory management, support, onboarding/offboarding, learning, performance and growth insights, rewards, and more.
This role is for our Berlin headquarters and we cover visa sponsorship and relocation support.
- Make lasting impact in the B2B platform to empower our partners to perform business-critical operations in real-time.
- Be a go-to person for Delivery Hero hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs.
- Cooperate with Principal Engineers in other Tribes in order to drive the Logistics’ overall technical architecture.
- Be an engineering leader by example, setting high standards for engineering excellence, performance and scalability.
- Be a role model for engineers on all levels who want to grow in the technical track.
- Proactively challenge the status quo, evaluate technical setup and propose iterable improvements aligned with the business goals.
- Review technology choices within the tribe to assess risks to values, and are able to justify choices and influence decisions with the tribe members.
- Embrace and empower collaboration in dedicated technical chapters.
- Identify skill gaps in the Tribe and help plan for filling such gaps through hiring and engineering growth.
- Support tribes in improving the interview process.
- Provide 360 feedback on Engineering Managers and senior engineers in order to help them to improve.
- Contribute to architecture reviews (incl. RFCs) from teams within Logistics, identify improvement points for individual components, as well as for the overall business problem we’re set to solve.
- Conduct quarterly reviews of reliability, test confidence, security and scalability for all squads in our Tribe.
- Interact with the teams in a healthy way, care for individuals and cultivate a positive team culture of helping each other.
- Be an ambassador of Delivery Hero, help promote the company via blogs, meet-ups, conferences, open source projects, etc.
- Assist tribe/domain leads to set the goals, vision and strategy.
Your Heroic Skills:
- 10+ years overall experience designing, implementing and shipping complex, highly-distributed software projects in a collaborative environment.
- Professional software development experience with JVM, with expertise in Kotlin and Java ecosystems specific to Android.
- People and leadership skills, virtue in mentoring engineers growing their skills.
- Passionate about crafting simple solutions to complex engineering problems and writing readable, maintainable, well-tested code.
- Seasoned Engineer with a proven track record of delivering high-scale, high-impact solutions whose development spans across multiple squads/tribes.
- Ability to detect potential bottlenecks and problems before the implementation phase.
- Having deep understanding of different layers of a software stack and should be hands-on in all of them when needed.
- Versed in developing automated deployment pipelines that enable experimentation and meet criteria of high availability for continuous delivery applications.
- Seasoned in measuring, debugging, monitoring and investigating complex production systems issues in cloud environments (AWS).
- Experience in product ownership – ability to lead discussions with Product, Engineering or Design teams.
- A well-structured way of working and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and can clearly explain complex concepts to stakeholders of different functions (tech, product, business) and seniority (IC1 to C-level) by using the right level of abstraction.
- Experienced in working with large-scale product and engineering teams (50+ colleagues).
- Positive, proactive, fun to work with in a cross-functional team.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have:
- Proof of industry leadership through speaking at conferences or meetups, writing blog posts and contributing to open-source projects.
- Ability to think of solutions across multiple platforms and experience in developing on other platforms.
- Experienced in building performant apps for low-end devices
- Experienced in building logistics software
- Experienced in working with huge-scale product and engineering teams (100+ colleagues).
- Bonus points for having Type Script, Go, Spring Boot or Angular experience
Why Delivery Hero?
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community.
- We offer visa & relocation support globally to our permanent employees.
- Enjoy our free online yoga classes and a subsidized Urban Sports Club or Gympass membership.
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with our free.
- Headspace subscription and unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Participate in our health campaigns such as seasonal flu vaccines
- Benefit from BVG subsidy or join our Bike rental program.
- Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package.
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Access our e-learning platform MyAcademy, participate in our various inhouse trainings, and learn German in our free classes.
- Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options
- Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events – due to the current situation on a virtual basis.
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values and People Leadership Principles, please send us your CV.
Learn more about our diverse stack and what our teams are working on by visiting our Tech & Product blog and our Tech Talk Youtube channel.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery platforms and are now innovating and creating new services such as groceries, pharmacies, and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring — therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.