What we’re looking for
Emerge is building the future of mobile development. We already offer an extensive suite of tooling for both iOS and Android (Size Analysis, Performance Analysis, Snapshots) and work closely with many of the biggest & best companies in mobile (DoorDash, Square, Duolingo, Dropbox, Bumble & Stripe).
We’re looking for someone who can help maintain, grow and innovate our Android products. A typical day might involve diving deep into low-level Android internals, improving how our customers interact with our tooling (Gradle plugin, web app), executing accurate + reliable performance tests on physical devices or exploring new areas for optimization in the Android runtime.
An ideal candidate
– Thrives in a fast moving, self-starter environment (we strive for a culture similar to Gitlab, but adapted for a small team)
– Extensive hands-on experience in Android app development, preferably on an app shipped to millions of users developed by a large team
– Deep knowledge of Android internals, ART, Dex compilation & execution, asset/resource management, etc
– Native library and/or Unity experience
– Familiar and excited about backend/fullstack, product work (Typescript, Ruby, Serverless & AWS)
– 401k Matching: Match 100% up to the first 6% of pay
– Charity Matching: Up to $1,000 a year matched to the charity of your choice
– Top-tier Insurance: Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
– Unlimited PTO: Flexible time off to ensure work-life balance
– Personal CPA: Up to $500 a year reimbursed for an accountant for your personal taxes