Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 25 million users and 200,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
You’ll team up with three world-class Android engineers and take over full responsibility for our Android app. You’ll work on all parts of the Android app and make outdoor adventures easily accessible to our users. You’ll develop diverse features for navigation, routing, social interaction, and content visualization that will make your work challenging and fun.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
– Develop innovative new features from the first idea and concept over to road map planning, implementation, testing, release, and monitoring.
– Work in one of our cross-functional squads of backend, web, and mobile developers, designers, copywriters, QA, data scientists, and product experts.
– Team up with Arne, James, and Iwo to build a state-of-the-art Android app with more than 25+ million users.
– Release frequently with continuous builds, testing, and direct team feedback.
Why you will love it
– You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that brings real-life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors.
– You’ll work on challenging tasks, like maps, data synchronization, turn-by-turn navigation and nearly everything the Android platform offers.
– Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people.
– We believe good ideas and commitment count more than titles.
– This is a remote role and you are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. Beach? The mountains? Or a co-working space (covered by us)?
– You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
– You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn)
– You get 38 days of annual leaves (including public holidays, which vary by country)
You will be successful in this position if you
– Are highly self-driven, responsible, and keen to learn and improve.
– Love to develop awesome products with a focus on great user experiences.
– Have professional experience with developing high-quality production native Android apps.
– Have professional experience with Kotlin.
– Have professional experience with Java.
– Are able to work on your own without assistance
– Keep your knowledge about Android and Android development up to date.
– Write code that’s readable, well documented, and meaningfully tested.
– Know how to build a scalable Android app architecture.
– Are a great team player and communicator in a diverse international and fully remote team.
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
– Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
– A covering letter explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
– Examples of your work (e.g. apps, GitHub, your private projects, etc.)
– Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
– Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
– At komoot, we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
– We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
– 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
– Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – you decide!
– Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
– Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
– Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
– Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
– Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
– The latest devices and equipment to do your best work