Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We are looking for inquisitive, well-rounded Android engineers to join our product Engineering teams. Working closely with product managers, designers, and backend engineers, you’ll play an important role in enabling the newest technologies and experiences. You will build robust frameworks & features. You will empower both developers and Pinners alike. You’ll have the opportunity to find creative solutions to thought-provoking problems. Even better, because we covet the kind of courageous thinking that’s required in order for big bets and smart risks to pay off, you’ll be invited to create and drive new initiatives, seeing them from inception through to technical design, implementation, and release.
What you’ll do:
- Build out Pinner-facing frontend features in Android to power the future of inspiration on Pinterest
- Contribute to and lead each step of the product development process, from ideation to implementation to release; from rapidly prototyping, running A/B tests, to architecting and building solutions that can scale to support millions of users
- Partner with design, product, and backend teams to build end to end functionality
- Put on your Pinner hat to suggest new product ideas and features
- Employ automated testing to build features with a high degree of technical quality, taking responsibility for the components and features you develop
- Grow as an engineer by working with world-class peers on varied and high impact projects
What we’re looking for:
- Deep understanding of Android development and best practices in Kotlin and/or Java, e.g. Activity Lifecycle, memory management, etc.
- 2+ years of industry Android application development experience, building consumer or business facing products
- Experience in following best practices in writing reliable and maintainable code that may be used by many other engineers
- Ability to keep up-to-date with new technologies to understand what should be incorporated
- Strong collaboration and communication skills