We are looking for inquisitive, well-rounded Android engineers to join our Platform engineering teams. Working closely with product managers, designers, and backend engineers, you’ll play an important role in enabling the newest technologies and experiences. You will build robust frameworks & features. You will empower both developers and Pinners alike. You’ll have the opportunity to find creative solutions to thought-provoking problems. Even better, because we covet the kind of courageous thinking that’s required in order for big bets and smart risks to pay off, you’ll be invited to create and drive new initiatives, seeing them from inception through to technical design, implementation, and release.
What you’ll do:
- Support millions of users and enable colleagues by ensuring excellence in core pieces that are shared throughout the application
- Identify app-wide challenges; propose, test, and ship solutions
- Drive changes that improve the entire app such as modularization, implementing image/video loading, RTL text, dependency injection, and reusable UI components
- Enable developers to work more effectively by improving app architecture, testing capabilities and release cycles
- Solve hard-to-see user pain points that often affect the entire app such as performance, monitoring crash rates and solving user metric anomalies
- Grow as a developer by working with world-class peers on varied and high impact projects
What we’re looking for:
- Deep understanding of Android development and best practices in Kotlin and/or Java, e.g. Activity Lifecycle, memory management, etc.
2+ years of industry Android application development experience, building consumer or business facing products
- Experience in following best practices in writing reliable and maintainable code that may be used by many other engineers
- Ability to keep up-to-date with new technologies to understand what should be incorporated
- Strong collaboration and communication skills