Axel Springer National Media & Tech
As a part of Axel Springer National Media and Tech, our team is responsible for building and maintaining the WELT News Android application. The app is 5 years on the market and has thousands of daily users.
Every developer participates not only in development, but also in technical specification of features.
We follow server-driven UI approach, and our app-specific backend is also built within the team. Backend for us is not some external API we integrate – it’s an extension of our client and it is where our business logic is. Everybody on the team contributes to the backend code.
We are Kotlin-first – started with Kotlin before v1.0, sharing the code between backend and client.
Our App is refactored regularly to follow modern practices, architecture evolved over time from MVP to MVVM to MVI and uses our custom-built widget engine. We follow SOLID principles and Clean code. We write unit and UI tests for every feature we build, running everything on CI.
integral part of an agile Android team
- you help us improve and support one of the biggest news apps on the German market
- you evolve our app by writing high quality tests, doing code reviews and teaching others
- you push forward server-driven UI engine to power new features on all platforms
- you help QA with UI automation to provide high quality app to our users
- you provide your expertise when specifying features and collaborate with other teams in the company
You are a_
strong and passionate Senior Android Developer
- you have more than 5 years of software development experience and successfully delivered several big, real-life projects
- you have strong knowledge of Android and constantly evolve it by learning new things, following new trends and staying ahead of the market
- you are ready to provide your expertise for both features planning and education and knowledge sharing
- familiar and can teach others about unit testing, architectures, clean code and SOLID
- you have experience or interest in UI testing and backend development
- you are ready to take ownership over the codebase and bring in something new
Benefit from a_
personal development, participation on purpose work and fun with a great team
- flexible working environment: Although we have a modern office in the centre of Berlin (http://www.axelspringer-neubau.de/) where you can enjoy free lunch, coffee, fruits, water, and many other benefits, you have the option to work up to 50% remotely
- innovation days: We do innovation days on a regular basis to try out new things
- we support open source development, tech blogging and having speeches at conferences
- training: You have the chance to pursue your professional development by attending many seminars, workshops, and various conferences supported by a fixed budget. You also have the opportunity for regular tech exchange and networking with subsidiaries of Axel Springer Group (idealo, Awin, Stepstone, Immowelt, Bonial, and many more www.axelspringer.com/de/marken)
- Blue Card visa sponsorship is possible for the right candidate