TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people with a range of shared, light electric vehicles, from e-scooters to e-bikes and e-mopeds, powered by a proprietary Energy Network, TIER helps cities reduce their dependence on cars. Founded in 2018 by Lawrence Leuschner, Matthias Laug and Julian Blessin.
TIER is headquartered in Berlin and currently operates in 190+ cities across 20 countries in Europe and the Middle East. With a focus on providing the safest, most equitable and most sustainable mobility solution, TIER has been climate-neutral since 2020.
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
We’re an international team in charge of the payment and invoicing infrastructure that our other services rely on to generate revenue. We care about our craft and each other. The team is built on open, respectful communication, a shared sense of responsibility, and our team video chat room, which brings us closer together in remote working conditions and keeps us updated on the lack of the chickens outside of Eric’s window.
Join us for a good mix of meaningful work, light-hearted conversations and a high impact on our business. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Build solutions which enable consumers to efficiently manage payment methods
- Integrate new payment methods into our application
- Work closely with backend developers to ensure systems work together effectively to deliver a great end to end experience
- Help teams to identify, measure and prioritize technical debt
- Advise product managers and stakeholders on technical feasibility
- Coordinate projects with other teams
- Support in building a great team
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of professional Android experience
- You are deeply familiar with Kotlin, its language features, and the ecosystem around it
- You have a broad knowledge of Android build tools, CI systems, dependency managers, and tools for static code analysis
- You have experience with architectural patterns that support a high level of modularization
- You are confident with automated testing and high release frequency
- You are practical. You can assess and make tradeoffs
- You understand the difference between outcomes versus output
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- For Head Office roles – We support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives & programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our remote work options
- Profit from competitive compensation combined with perks like memberships with Urban Sports Club, Blinklist and Headspace
- Be part of one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe with a world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, and Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, JPMorgan, Delivery Hero, and more)
*Depending on the role and location your benefits may differ.
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin colour, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!