TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire – for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
TikTok Creation and Consumption Product team is responsible for exploring and building new, fun, and innovative content creation and consumption experience on TikTok. Our goal is to inspire creativity, increase content mobility, and entertain our users with diverse informative contents. Our members are working on exciting product area such as photo mode, content cross language translation, and Q&A. We are a full-stack team that is working at the intersection of product and engineering. You will be able to design, implement, and ship new product experiences that will deliver fun and joy to millions of TikTok users.
As an Android Software Engineer on our Creation and Consumption Product team, you will:
– Work closely with our talented backend and product team to develop and ship new, innovative user features on Tiktok.
– Collaborate with the design and product teams to create a world-class mobile experience
– Optimize mobile applications on Android platforms
– Promote robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and deliver high-quality work in a rapid environment
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent majors/experience;
• Experience in native Android development;
• Proficiency in at least one of these programming languages: Java, Kotlin;
• Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases;
• Good team communication and collaboration skills.
• Strong understanding of software development principles, capabilities, and limitations of mobile platforms and Google clean Architecture;
• Passion and experience building consumer-facing products; we would love to hear about apps you’ve developed!
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.