Apps Lifecycle is a team of the Apps Core group, whose mission is to provide software and tools for mobile app developers and anyone who needs to operate with the app lifecycle.
We believe that the evolution of our Apps depends heavily on certain activities (code, test, distribute, manage, upgrade), and within every activity there are specific needs and problems.
The goal of the Apps Lifecycle team is to govern all the lifecycle activities with the corresponding tools and develop them in a way that reduces the need for manual effort, eliminates waste and opportunities for bugs to sneak in.
This team is just for you If you enjoy working and exploring new tools and technology for solving challenges around
Code, Build & Test – Improving our lifecycle efficiency
App Distribution – Making the app highly available to stakeholders and customers
App Management – Making the app remote configurable in a simple and elegant way
Overall process automation & simplification.
Find out more about how our Mobile Apps Engineers work here. #clientengineering
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Grow and lead the high-talented team.
- Create and nurture a high performing culture of technical and operational excellence
- Drive and build a long-term roadmap aligned with our vision that enables the product strategy and the definition of cornerstones for technology
- Ensure close collaboration with other teams and your stakeholders
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a track record (at least 3 years) of building and leading successful mobile teams in a large scale complex environment
- You are an engineering leader who works with people on an eye-level and creates a culture of trust, growth, ownership and responsibility
- You have hands on experience and knowledge in iOS and Android, and are able to participate in technical discussions, challenge technical decisions, and support professional growth of the engineers in the team
- You have an agile and collaborative approach with strong customer and people focus
- You have a strong solution-focused mindset – you tackle the problems at the root and know how to find solutions in a complex environment
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 23 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 42 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via email.