The Big Release Team specializes in taking on large strategic projects spanning across the entire Zalando fashion store app experience. We come in when the exec team needs to get something done. Be it innovation in apps or merely the next big feature, which will ensure we stay ahead of the competition, our team takes care of it.
As an Android engineer dedicated to the Big Release Team, you will work on high-impact projects which change the way millions of customers consume fashion. To fulfill our mission, we collaborate with dozens of stakeholders and contribute to the codebases of a multitude of app engineering teams. Our team members are not only highly professional engineers but also display exceptional communication skills and the ability to get things done in a complex environment such as Zalando. If you are up for the challenge and want to make an impact, join our team!
Find out more about how our Mobile Engineers work here. #clientengineering #androidce
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will be part of an agile cross-platform team that continuously improves and extends Zalando iOS and Android applications.
- Together with your team you will implement complex cross team solutions to inspire our customers and improve their experience on Zalando mobile applications.
- You will contribute to the different parts of Zalando mobile application while constantly aligning with your peers on the best practices and continuously improving development and delivery processes, and application architecture.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You are an experienced Android developer who is eager to work with new technologies and always tries to challenge yourself and deliver high quality code
- You take the ownership for your work – from understanding the requirements, to implementation, testing, and maintenance
- You have a deep understanding of Android SDK, Kotlin, and Java
- You are familiar with RxJava and/or functional programming concepts
- You have several years of experience working in high performance teams and can independently drive technical discussions and facilitate complex decision making
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, leadership academy, 70+ internal technical and guilds, tech talks, blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive package (base and equity), 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 32 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
A key to the success of Europe’s busiest fashion logistics network is continuously advancing our technology and processes. By pushing ourselves to think smarter and adapt faster, our teams are setting new levels of excellence for the industry while meeting the complex needs of our customers, helping people connect to fashion in ways that were never previously possible.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.