Bolt engineering teams are working on unique product challenges: complex algorithms for demand prediction, optimal real-time pricing, routing, fraud detection, distributed systems, and much more. Volumes are growing at a steady pace.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Designing and building Bolt’s growing backend and frontend systems
- Proactively fixing upcoming bugs and solving technical challenges
- Contributing ideas to our product development roadmap
- Giving a hand to your fellow colleagues, participating in code reviews and architecture discussions
We are not really looking for Node.js experts, but for cross-language engineers for whom a specific stack is just a tool to solve a problem, not the solution itself.
We are looking for:
- Knowledge of major frontend frameworks
- A university degree in a technical subject (Computer science, Mathematics or similar)
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Good English and communication skills
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with any SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Experience with API design and development
You will get extra credits for:
- Experience with micro-service and distributed systems
- Interest in real-time and asynchronous systems
- Familiarity with any cloud systems (AWS, Azure, Google app engine)
- Monitoring and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with React.js, Ember.js
- Experience with config Apache, Nginx, Amazon Web services
Why you’ll love it here:
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- As we grow, so will you! Bolt’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our global teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
- Switching off is important! At Bolt, we like to work hard and play hard. Enjoy our fun team events, office snacks, free merch, and more!