Bolt engineering teams are working on unique product challenges: complex algorithms for demand prediction, optimal real-time pricing, routing, fraud detection, distributed systems, and much more. Volumes are growing at a steady pace.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Architecting, designing, developing, and deploying Bolt’s growing backend systems
- Collaborating with key internal stakeholders to determine how to scalably design backend systems and APIs to meet their needs
- Coding mostly in Node.js and TypeScript (previous experience with Node.js is not required)
- Contributing ideas and constructive feedback to our product development roadmap
- Sharing your knowledge by giving tech talks, and promoting appropriate tech and engineering best practices in and outside of the team
- Helping lead feature/initiatives from idea to positive execution
- Working closely with Product to slice and dice scope and deliver piece by piece
We are not really looking for Node.js experts, but for cross-language engineers for whom a specific stack is just a tool to solve a problem, not the solution itself.
We are looking for:
- Thrive in an environment that has a fast customer-feedback cycle and having empathy for the end-user
- Experience in making data-driven and metric-driven decisions
- A drive for leading initiatives and features till the end, even if the last mile is the hardest
- Experience in a microservice architecture
- Strong principles toward writing clean, simple, secure, and maintainable code
- Experience in API design
- Having a deep understanding of how to write readable, testable, maintainable, and performant code
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to reason from first principles and grow based on previous learnings
- Thrive in a culture of well-intended reciprocal feedback
- Good English and communication skills
- University degree in a technical subject (Computer science, Mathematics, or similar) or equivalent experience in the industry
You will get extra credits for:
- Familiarity with any cloud systems (AWS, Azure, Google app engine)
- Interest in real-time and asynchronous systems
- Experience in working with relational databases
- Real-life experience of running highly available systems
- Experience building distributed high-volume systems
Why you’ll love it here:
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- As we grow, so will you! Bolt’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our global teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
- Switching off is important! At Bolt, we like to work hard and play hard. Enjoy our fun team events, office snacks, free merch and more!