Distinguished Android Engineer, Marketplace Architecture
The Marketplace Experience Engineering organization at Expedia Group is the team responsible for providing outstanding experiences for both our traveling customers and business partners alike! Experience Engineering builds the UI and APIs that powers traveler and supplier experiences across our core brands of Expedia, Hotels.com, Vrbo and Hotwire, Expedia Group Partner Central, and our portfolio of hosted B2B white label partners.
The Marketplace Architecture team helps to define, communicate and evolve this platform.
As a distinguished Android engineer, your focus is on the experience platform. You’ll also be part of a team that decides and communicates architecture specifications for the entire Marketplace team. Marketplace builds this experience platform and also the search, shopping, inventory management, pricing, content, and supply partner onboarding capabilities for all EG’s product lines, which include flights, lodging, activities, cars, insurance, cruise, and packages.
What you will do:
- Provide hands-on architectural guidance for the Experience Platform engineers to build a next-level developer experience for crafting intelligent and modular native experiences
- Communicate and promote EG’s native application architecture to a large, distributed engineering community as well as senior technology and product leadership
- Work directly with EG’s Experience Design team to build direct integrations with our in-house design system, powering all B2C and B2B branded experiences
- Act as glue for various horizontal and vertical engineering teams to ensure a cohesive architecture and experience for Expedia’s customers
- Work directly with web experience architects to ensure our omni-channel travel platform delivers a cohesive developer and customer experience across touchpoints
- Build the SDK capabilities that allow for consumption of key travel components in external/third party native applications
- Develop a strategy to converge all of EG’s portfolio of native apps’ build, monitoring, testing, and release infrastructure
- Look for technologies inefficiencies and act to address them. You have a strong understanding of the operations at a high level.
- Demonstrate the risks and benefits associated with the group’s work and advocate for the team.
Who you are:
- Have a professional background in, and are passionate about mobile application development
- Set a vision and strategy and drive multi-organization, multi-dependency, and multi-year technological roadmaps
- Demonstrate a strong technical background allowing leadership of several technical domains and choices recommended in a team and then implementation involving several technologies
- Have a detailed understanding of native user experience technologies, such as Swift, SwiftUI, Combine, Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, and GraphQL
- Proficient in API technologies and API-first design methodologies
- Passionate about staying abreast of new technologies that may not be ready for immediate adoption, such as Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile
- Confidence in presenting new technology choices to senior technology and company leadership
- Move the business ahead by recommending exemplary technology choices
- Collaborator who partners closely with product and UX organizations
- Passionate about travel and creating a next-level native app experience!
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying for a role in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you!
At Expedia Group, we believe in bringing people together and creating an inclusive workplace where everyone belongs and can do their best work. We care about our employees’ safety and wellbeing, so we’re requiring new hires in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination before their start date as a condition of employment. Expedia Group will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.