You will be working on the Peloton Product Engineering team, building Android applications for our Members. These applications include our Google Play Store mobile app, our Fire TV app, Studio app, and the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton Bike and Tread. You will get the opportunity to develop customer-facing features in Kotlin and deliver best-in-class fitness experiences across several different markets.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for iterating on process, technology, and communication throughout your team. You will also have the responsibility to assist and grow the more mid/junior engineers around you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Passion for building scalable and responsive customer-facing applications
- 6+ years of software development experience, 4+ years Android development experience
- Solid experience interacting with REST APIs
- Solid understanding of Kotlin and Java
- Solid understanding of architecture patterns, namely MVVM and MVI
- Solid understanding of Android threading and processing
- Experience with profiling UI, memory, and threading in Android
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX and UI requirements into code implementations
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently
- Ability to manage complex cross-team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have experience using gRPC and GraphQL
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org