ABOUT THE TEAM
The Outfit program aims to redefine fashion exploration through highly relevant outfit content that inspires customers’ shopping journey, drives their engagement and establishes Zalando as their starting point for fashion. As an Android/iOS Engineer dedicated to the Outfit Program, you will join the mission of inspiring millions of consumers by building engaging experiences that present fashion in context and create an emotional connection with customers, conveying what it feels to wear an outfit. You will be at the forefront of how we define, own & build user experience on mobile devices that delight customers with engaging stories that spark emotion.
Find out more about how our Mobile Engineers work here. #clientengineering #androidce
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will be part of an agile cross-platform team that continuously improves and extends Zalando iOS and Android applications.
- Together with your team you will implement complex cross team solutions to inspire our customers and improve their experience on Zalando mobile applications.
- You will contribute to the different parts of Zalando mobile application while constantly aligning with your peers on the best practices and continuously improving development and delivery processes, and application architecture.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You are an experienced Android developer who is eager to work with new technologies and always tries to challenge yourself and deliver high quality code
- You take the ownership for your work – from understanding the requirements, to implementation, testing, and maintenance
- You have a deep understanding of Android SDK, Kotlin, and Java
- You are familiar with RxJava and/or functional programming concepts
- You have several years of experience working in high performance teams and can independently drive technical discussions and facilitate complex decision making
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, leadership academy, 70+ internal technical and guilds, tech talks, blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive package (base and equity), 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need